Hiking on the island of Santorini is a unique tour. First, it’s the best option to stay away from the crowds. Discover not only the real beauty of Santorini but also the breathtaking views in our hiking tours. Second, learn the island`s culture. In that way, you will explore Santorini from a different angle. By choosing this hiking tour, you will visit three represantive though different villages: Pyrgos, Potamos and Emporio.
Walk off the beaten path
Let’s wander around! To point out, there is an ancient path that used to connect the three villages and it’s ours to discover! Not to mention, this uncompromisingly scenic private tour takes you through paths and fields starting from Pyrgos and leading through to the hidden village called Potamos with its small farmers’ houses. Our path leads us to Emporio with its narrow alleys and picturesque houses where we can find a Venetian castle and fortress dating from the Middle Ages that will leave you speechless. Emporio is the largest settlement of Santorini located 12 km from Fira on the foothills of Mount Prophet Elias. In fact, it’s strong medieval character and the Kasteli are well preserved and radiate the cycladic character of its architecture.
At the entrance of the village stand two lovely, blue domed Cycladic churches with impressive bell towers that dominate Emporio. This is the location that inspired Sartre to write the famous play “The Flies” (Les Mouches), so be ready to relive history. Our path will lead us through the fortress to a traditional Greek coffee shop where you can enjoy the famous Greek yogurt with local fruits & honey. So, charge your cameras and cell phones because you will be snapping a large number of photos on this private tour! On our way back, a mini-van will wait for us for the drop-off.
General Information & Tips
- Duration: 3-4 hours (Depending on the stops for rest and photos)
- Not hard for experienced hikers
- Hikers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Sneakers-sturdy walking shoes
- Hat with wide rims or bandana
- Sunscreen especially on the hot days
- Transfer: Of course, an air-conditioned minivan will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel or at the starting point.
- Local tour guide in order to learn about our traditions and culture
- Bottle of Water
- Snack: Dry fruits and Fresh Fruits